The first thing people notice while they enter to Everglades National Park is a long road running along an empty landscape. Everglades National Park is satiated in Florida, US. Marking a trail, along the roadside you can easily spot occasional sign while your drive continues towards Campsite and Flamingo Marina after an hour about. However, you can mostly see endless fields of dotted sawgrass, crows, vultures, and other trees. If you get lucky, you can see alligators or snakes sunning along the roadside.
There is not whole lot to do while you are driving to reach civilization at Flamingo. If you get time, you can get down between the route to get one pictures along trail marker. Here are few things you can do while visiting Private Everglades Tour.
- Appropriate dress: If you are planning to spend a day walking around the park, it is advised to wear loose fitted, light colored, long pants, closed toe walking shoes are perfect, and don’t forget to get a sun hat to protect yourself. You can also do biking, kayaking, or canoeing on the trails. The most dangerous thing in the park is mosquitoes, crocodiles, and powerful sunlight. Most of the time the temperature is very high so it is recommended to wear light clothes.
- Drinking plenty of water: Take enough water while you go tripping to keep your body hydrated all the time. Dehydration can be a real concern. You should necessary avoid drinks consisting of caffeine such as coffee or tea. Also, avoid drinking frizzy drinks has they will dehydrate your body even more. You can go for fruit juices but avoid drinks with sugars as they insects.
- Rent kayaks and canoes in advance: Majority of the local rental companies provide service to drop your kayak or canoe at the proposed launch point, but during the peak seasons that is from December to April when the park gets really busy, you should rent in advance and let them know your requirement.
- Plan your time: If you are short on time, the best way to appreciate the beauty of everglades National Park is by taking a trip through canoe or kayak. It is highly recommended one time experience to rent and take one short trail like at Nine Mile Pond. Another short trail is Nobel Hammock Loop which is perfect at windy weather. However, be aware to mosquitoes, narrow trial, and coldest weather.
- Wet season: Private Everglades Tour can get very hot, buggy, and wet, but it is worth your time to travel.
- What to do if cannoning is not an option: Another fun option to do at the park it to stop at Ernest Coe Visitor Centre to hit some trail walking. Don’t forget to take your camera along with you. check online your schedule or when you arrive.